Monday, January 9, 2012

day 9 :: 365

we are finally getting snow today... love!

IMG_3822bwwm

a step by step tutorial today.

sooc...

IMG_3822soocwm
1/60 at f/2.2, ISO 100, 50mm

1) i brought the image into photoshop cs4 and ran my favorite action... skittles by otss from the junk food set.

IMG_3822skittles

2) let's brighten his eyes... ran eye bright and eye sparkle by otss from the made up set. i tend to skip the eye brightening because it is tedious, but for today... we will brighten his eyes... because his eyes rock. and because i am going to take the image black and white, so i want his eyes brightened so they don't end up black once i convert.

IMG_3822eyes

3) and i want to take the image black and white, for two reasons :: the dark/light contrast will look awesome and i want to knock all the color in his shirt out... ran pioneer woman's b&w beauty action... my favorite b&w action... and ran slight sharpen from the same set... my go to sharpening action.

IMG_3822bwwm

wa la!

11 comments:

  1. ♥♥♥♥  I love your tutorials, too!!!   I need a 50mm lens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - just discovered the BW Beauty action this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That b&w conversion is stun.ning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking I need to start saving for PS instead of PSE....I am not sure if I can use all these actions in the elements version....
    I love this picture...granted it helps to have a rockstar looking kid doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sheri, some actions work with pse, but some are cs4 specific. you have to check the actions and it will usually say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like you are speaking another language. I have no idea what you are saying but it sounds fancy...and difficult.  I hope I learn a fraction of what you know.

    Great photo:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! I eventually will start collecting these fun actions. Love skittles too. But first I am concentrating on just learn how to get my settings and exposure right straight from the camera. I started CM shooting 101 today. In 4 weeks let me know if you see any improvement!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. monica, i would also get the book 'understanding exposure'. read that, it will help a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your tutorial!  Great finished photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the step by step tutorials. Keep 'em coming! I love the after with skittles. Need to buy that action. Wonder if it works with PSE?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE skittles. Have I mentioned that? LOL. Sometimes it goes too light, and you have to bring it back down. Normally I would have kept this at that stage, but with the tie die shirt I wanted to finish it b&w. :) I asked Tiffani if it works with PSE so I'll let you know. (Tiffani is the owner of otss, she deigned my photog logo.)

    ReplyDelete

i got no shame... i love reading your comments... anyone who says they don't care about comments is lying... so let's hear it... muah!